Monday, April 18, 2011

Trend Alert - The Feminine Jacket

The name of this trend kind of makes me giggle - "The Feminine Jacket".   I'm not sure there are many women out there who want to wear a "Masculine Jacket", do you?  It is also referred to as the "Lady like Jacket".  For the love of everything - can we just call it a jacket?!  

So anyway - I've seen this trend pop up a few times online and in magazines and I sort of brushed over it.  I really do love it though.  A jacket is a very versatile item of clothing to own.  It can instantly dress up a basic tee or button down.  It looks great with a skirt and you can dress it down with a pair of jeans. Of course you can't mention a "lady like" jacket and not give credit to the great Coco Chanel who practically invented the classic tweed jacket.  It is timeless and also a million dollars if you ever are inclined to buy one.

My inspiration for this blog post came last week while shopping with my girlfriend.  I was flipping through a magazine while she was trying on clothes and fell in LOVE with the outfit.  Of course I can't find the picture to put on my blog so I'm recreating it for you.

I am assuming you have bought a stripe tee by now.  If so, you can layer it under a tweed jacket with your favorite pair of jeans or even a pair of bermuda shorts.  I'm sure I am getting some looks right about now, but yes, you can wear a jacket with shorts - trust me.

A Lady Like Jacket

A Lady Like Jacket by jmewbourne featuring a striped tee



If Chanel is not in your budget this month or maybe even your lifetime, here are some other fabulous and affordable finds below:


Aryn K at piperlime.com
$78.00



Boden - ON SALE!! 
$113.00



Banana Republic - $175



J. Crew - eyelet blazer
$148.00

Happy shopping!! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love a good girly blazer! These are darling. Fabulous picks!

    rebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete