Friday, May 20, 2011

Plus Sizes - Myths Debunked

I came across a video clip today that I think is fabulous.  The fashion world targets our less curvy girlfriends out there and skips over many women who have fuller figures.  Here is a great link that debunks 5 rules for plus-size dressing.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/the-thread/debunking-the-rules-of-plus-size-dressing-2486139/

Ashley Falcon, is the author of  the "Big Girl in a Skinny World" column in Marie Claire magazine.

Her 5 Myths are below:

1. Skinny jeans are for skinny girls - until my recent purchase, I believed this to be true too.
2. Avoid form fitting clothes - I have always said buy clothes that fit, but are not tight.
3. Avoid prints and patterns
4. Only wear monochromatic colors
5. Steer clear of pencil skirts

Watch the video clip with outfits and explanations.

Have a great weekend and Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment