Monday, March 28, 2011

Forever 36

In my attempts to keep up with these twenty-something fashion bloggers, I came across a vintage inspired clothing boutique called Ruche at  www.shopruche.com.  My observation of their clothing assortment is sort of like Anthropologie meets Forever 21.  The styles are modern with a vintage touch, but at very affordable prices.

So - I got excited and ordered two pieces, thinking I had hit the jackpot with a new found treasure.  I ordered a tank dress and an A-line skirt pictured below.


tank dress - $37.00


A-line skirt - $33.00


Oh the endless outfit possibilities that these two items of clothing could create.  I was so excited that I had made 2 brilliant choices for my wardrobe.  I even greeted our sweet mailman everyday after I got my tracking number in anticipation of their arrival.

Well, they came today and sadly I still have not recovered from the horror that I faced in the mirror after trying these two pieces on.  My new found treasure was just an empty chest filled with two pieces of clothing for a skinny "forever 21" girl with no hips and no butt (and possibly flatter abs).

I have been sucker punched into reality that I am in my mid-thirites and need to go with my gut (no pun intended).  When shopping these younger stores, stay with tops and maybe even go up a size.  There are some VERY cute pieces that I think would and could work for us normal sized gals.  I've posted a few of them for you to see.


Navy Belted Trench Coat - $47
A must have for your wardrobe


Stripe s/less tee with ruffle details - $42
Cute layered with almost any color of cardigan



Tie-neck blouse - $33
Great layered under jackets and sweaters or wear alone with skinnier jeans (notice I did not say skinny)



Feminine Tweed "Chanel" inspired jacket - $84
Great worn with jeans or a pencil skirt



Floral scarf $14
You can't go wrong with an accessory no matter how many cookies you ate today.

So today I remain Forever 36 because I'm not counting anymore birthdays and will enjoy all of life's little pleasures except when it comes to little clothes!


No comments:

Post a Comment