Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Wedge for All

I have struggled with spring and summer shoe trends for several years now.  I'm not sure why the fashion industry and those that dictate the trends we helplessly follow continue to torture us with the hideous gladiator sandal trend.  I mean come on folks - why on earth do I want my legs (or yours for that matter) to look like tree trunks?  Fashion 101 - having straps around the ankles do NOT make your legs look longer or thinner.  In fact it does the exact opposite.  The other problem is that they can distract from your entire outfit drawing the eye downward to your feet.  For example:


Beautiful Gwyneth - all I see are your shoes


Rhianna - I hope you fired your stylist after appearing on television in these


Fergie - this entire outfit is just a shame and then you wrap toilet paper around your feet and ankles


Well good news has arrived.  A fashion fairy must have heard my pleas and sprinkled pixie dust on those artsy, creative, brains that design our shoe selections each year.  The wedge and the chunky heel are popping up on websites galore and stomping into nearby retailers.  Can you hear the music playing as the clouds part and a blinding ray of light shines upon us all?  Okay - so I'm getting a little carried away, but I'm so excited!!  

There are a lot of choices out there from high end retailers like Neiman Marcus to discounters such as Payless and JC Penney's.  I picked a few of my favorites that are all under $100.


The Gap - $70


Nordstrom - $60.00
It's coral too - the color of the season


Old Navy - $33
Yes - you read correctly!



Payless Shoes - $27
On the tall side, but very cute.  Can't promise these babies are going to be comfortable though


Nordstrom - $80


Same shoe as above from Nordstrom but in snakeskin - $80



Nordstrom leopard canvas - $89
Can't go wrong with an animal print




BC footwear at Nordstrom - $65
A lower heel for us mommies




Payless metallic wedge - $25

DSW, Target and Kohl's are also great places to find cute, trend right shoes, at affordable prices.  

So my friends, you can now sleep peacefully at night knowing that your feet (and legs) will look good once again in some lovely little wedges.  Until the next post - happy shopping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment