Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cheap and Chic?

In a few weeks, my whole crew will be traveling to Colorado to visit my best friend.  While I am thrilled beyond words to spend four blissful days with her and her sweet family, there also brings a tad of insecurity with the visit.  My Dallas pal, you see, is my fashion nemesis.  She grocery shops in Tory Burch's latest collection and dines on Mexican food in Diane Von Furstenburg.  She attends charity luncheons in Chanel and receives Jimmy Choo's from her husband on a bad hair day (kidding, but only a little).



Tory Burch $425

So what's the big deal you ask?  Well - nothing but good ole fashion jealousy.  We have been best friends for over 20 years and one thing we love to bond over is talking shop about the latest trends as I scour through her closet coveting her recent purchases.  It's just my latest trends come from the Loft and hers from (insert your favorite designer here).  Hanging with her and her glamorous family is like wearing a Target dress to the Academy Awards.


Diane Von Furstenberg - $385

So here is my reality check.  With the exception of a few pairs of pants I keep hanging on to in hopes that one day they will fit again, there is nothing wrong with my wardrobe.  I live in Middle Tennessee.  The highlight of my social life is attending my daughter's My Gym dance recital or a Stella & Dot jewelry party from time to time.  My girlfriends and I occasionally splurge on a few items that most big city girls would chuckle at, but I am as chic as I can be on a "cheap(er)" budget.


Tory Burch Miller Thong - $195

So I will attempt to put my best foot forward and remix the hell out of my wimpy little closet.  While they may be no match to Tory Burch, I am hoping to shed my materialistic insecurities and just enjoy one of my favorite people in the whole world.  I am truly blessed to have her in my life - clothes and all!

Happy Shopping!!

P.S.  I do love Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment