Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Fashion Show for Mommy

My best friend from Dallas is jet setting to Paris in a few weeks to attend Fashion Week and the Chanel Fashion Show.  Do I hate her?  Of course not!  Well, maybe a little bit, but I really am excited for her.  I would love to hitch a ride and hide inside her enormous suitcase filled with designer clothes that even Gwyneth Paltrow would swoon over.  But who would watch my two adorable little girls who are at the moment driving me to drink.  On a side note - thank you, Sumner Country, for calling off school for the 5th (or 6th) time this year because of a few minor snowflakes.

On an exciting note -  I do get to attend a Fashion Show here in little ole Nashville this Thursday at Anthropologie with two of my dearest girlfriends.  While it will not be the celebrity filled event like the runways in Paris, it will be my escape from mommy responsibilities and remind me of my working days that have long passed.  As I sit here neglecting my household duties during "quiet time",  I have picked a few outfits I would love to wear to the main event or maybe even take home afterward.






 OR this Cardigan which has just the right amount of detail.



But then - how cute would a strapless top paired with a cardigan and wide leg trousers be??






So as the sun shines and old man winter settles down to rest so he can snow on my parade again tomorrow, I bid you farewell for now, because there are only 2 more hours left before it is socially acceptable to open that bottle of wine and pour myself a glass.

All pictures are taken from Anthropologie.com

2 comments: